Thank you, Paul Davis, for this warm and fuzzy nomination.
Paul is a storyteller and poet who loves God, girls, and the gym… not necessarily in that order.
*His One Shot Stories category is very much worth a look.*
Pay him a visit!
Seven interesting things about myself? HARD!!
- I’m still figuring out who I am. I don’t like talking about it. I can’t shut up about it.
- We tested one of our kids for ASD, ADHD, and other anagrams. I’m the one who was off the charts for Asperger’s. (Heh heh… ass burgers.) Helps explain the whole can’t shut up about it thing.
- I’ve been a scribbler my whole life, a journalist for three years, a blogger and would-be novelist for three months.
- I am the lone voice of estrogenic reason in what is increasingly looking like a frat house. Punk only shoots Y bullets— but I managed to escape with four mostly sweet little bundles of testosterone and only a few flesh wounds.
- I have spent 75% of my cold, dark life in the tundric wasteland that is Micharctica. I’ve moved away five times. Five times I’ve been
draggedwelcomed back. Don’t mess with the mitten.
- I have a recurring nightmare: my hands and tongue are cut off so I am no longer able to speak or write. As a kid I had a recurring dream about my dad beating up a shark with his briefcase in a hotel pool.
- I used to keep chocolate in my nightstand drawer, and would sometimes have a piece before going to bed. Until I “tapped” against it. (Google natural ways to unblock emotional pain or some such nonsense. You’ll find a YouTube video of pathetic middle-aged women tapping their faces to deal with a perceived chocolate addiction.) I’ve never been addicted to anything, but I practiced along with the video and naturally decided it was all a load of crap… until three weeks later when I opened the nightstand drawer for a pen and found a stash of chocolates I had completely forgotten about.
Fifteen bloggers who inspire me? EASY!!
1. Novel Conqueror. The first blog I followed. She’s really doin’ it, buddy.
2. A French Frye In Paris. Oui.
3. LifeAccordinglee. She inspires and encourages.
4. American Book Junkie. Smart, sassy, stunning.
5. Battered Employee. Almost makes me miss working in an office. Almost.
6. Catherine, Caffeinated. Put me onto Save the Cat!
7. Alastair Savage. GREAT storyteller.
8. This Is My Corn. Her cliché stories are hilarious.
9. 101 Books. Talks about Hemingway as much as I do.
10. Phillip McCollum. Look past the Homer header— this is a smart dude.
11. Mister G Kids. I hope he’ll illustrate a book for me someday.
12. Beautifulorange. For supporting my backyard retreat idea.
13. Stevehi. Hi, Steve. Nice poems.
14. Introvert Fairy Tales. So clever. I wish I wrote these stories.
15. Eyes Through the Glass. Ass burgers unite!
Here are the official rules of acceptance:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Thanks again, Paul, for the props, and thanks to everyone in my little WordPress corner who inspires me!